March 24, 2020
To our member-customers,
We understand that many of you may have questions and concerns about the coronavirus (COVID-19). RRWA’s board of directors and staff hope that the following information will help reassure you regarding your drinking water:
- RRWA has taken and will continue to take steps necessary to ensure that a reliable supply of safe drinking water is available for our member-customers. We are monitoring information from state and federal agencies as well as from water industry experts, and will implement recommended actions to safeguard your drinking water supply.
- RRWA’s water treatment process includes filtration and disinfection which are effective methods to remove and inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19. According to the Centers for Disease Control, the COVID-19 virus has not been detected in drinking water.
- RRWA is committed to protecting the health and well-being of our employees. While you may experience a delay in customer service as a result of the measures we implement, RRWA will strive to assist you in a timely manner with requests related to your water service.
- RRWA’s facilities are temporarily closed to the public. RRWA maintains a drop-box at our office located at 16166 Hwy J29, Centerville, Iowa 52544 for bill payments. Please call RRWA’s office at the number below for assistance regarding your water service.
- For more information about COVID-19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html and the Iowa Department of Public Health website at https://idph.iowa.gov/Emerging-Health-Issues/Novel-Coronavirus .
At RRWA, we value the confidence you place in us as your drinking water utility. Please contact us with any questions or concerns by calling 800-233-8849 or by emailing [email protected]
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Operating Officer